The Japanese Women’s Society Foundation is NOW accepting applications for its annual grant award. The guidelines and application form can be found on this page. All application materials must be sent to: M. Takahashi at 801 South Street #1114 Honolulu, HI 96813 by January 16th, 2017. If you are not able to print the application form from the web site, please contact Melanie Takahashi (email@example.com).
- To promote an interest in and an understanding of the Japanese culture by people of Hawaii and to foster appreciation of world culture
- To enhance understanding and good relationships between the people of Japan and the United States
- To render services to the community by supporting worthwhile projects through activities and charitable contributions in the area of culture, education, gerontology and women’s issues.
- Nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations and individuals based in the State of Hawaii that are pursuing studies and goals related to the mission of Japanese Women’s Society Foundation
- Only projects and programs that promote Japanese Women’s Society Foundation objectives
- Grants will be awarded on an annual basis.
- Projects needing additional funds may reapply.
Size of Grants
A grant of up to $2,000 may be awarded.
Grantseekers are asked to submit the completed application form and a copy of the organization’s 501c(3) Determination letter as part of its application.
- Grantees will be required to submit an annual status report which will include how funds were used and the most notable project outcome.
- These reports will be due twelve (12) months after the grant is accepted.